Friday 28 February 2014

Preparing for Spring

It feels like spring in London, so my (slightly) green fingers are getting increasingly impatient to start gardening. It is a bit early to sow anything outdoors, but I have started planning what I want to put into the vegetable patch and even drawn out some plans for rotating the crops. I have been reading up on the importance of crop rotation in 'The New Complete Book of Self-Sufficiency: The classic guide for realists and dreamers'.

This year, I am attempting to grow some peppers and so far they are looking good. I didn't fancy buying any seeds, so I took some from the gorgeous pepper that came with my organic veg box. I dried them on a plate for a week and then stuck them in some compost in peat pots. Apparently, peppers are particularly difficult to transplant, so it is important to put them in peat pots that you then can stick in a bigger pot once needed without disturbing the roots.

Bring on spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment