via Instagram http://ift.tt/24snpdA
Saturday, 30 April 2016
Friday, 29 April 2016
Thursday, 28 April 2016
Wednesday, 27 April 2016
Tuesday, 26 April 2016
Monday, 25 April 2016
Friday, 22 April 2016
Deirdre with Didrik the second to last ram lamb. Keeping fingers and toes crossed that she makes it. Our sheep mentor Mr B helped us push her prolapse back in last night now we're hoping she doesn't get an infection. On the bright side: Barbara and Elsa gave birth to a lamb each this morning. All seven ewes done and dusted then. #paulssonpaleo #selfsufficiency #gutefår #sheep
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1SzJgOj
Thursday, 21 April 2016
Wednesday, 20 April 2016
Look what I found in the vegetable patch. The last vegetables from 2015. Carrots parsnips and salsify. #selfsufficiency #vegetables #eatyourveggies
via Instagram http://ift.tt/23JthCv
Scouting for more playgrounds for the retreat with @freefoot.goteborg at the end of May. #paulssonpaleo #freefoot #retreat #paleoretreat #freemovement
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1SYR5r5
Tuesday, 19 April 2016
Monday, 18 April 2016
Sunday, 17 April 2016
Heart, liver and tongue were on the menu for five excited students.
|Obligatory welfie ahead of course|
- Offal is not just organ meat such as liver, heart, lungs, kidneys, stomach... It also includes other odd bits such as tongue, cheek, tail, feet. The kind of stuff that your grandma used to eat but you no longer find in the supermarket shelves.
- Offal is cheap! When we switched to better quality meat - primarily freerange and grassfed - we needed to widen our repertoire of cuts to keep the bills down.
- Offal is the multivitamin of the animal - liver and heart are two of the most nutritious foods you can eat. CoQ10, iron, vitamins A and B, trace minerals, to name a few...
- Throwing away large parts of the animal is no longer an option for us! It isn't just about the waste of resources, it is simply unethical to kill an animal and not use as much as possible of it. (See note on "cat jar" below - we try to make use of EVERYTHING.)
|Slicing liver - note the "cat jar" for the leftovers to the right|
- Beef liver pâté with butter, onion, garlic and various spices - very creamy and delicious if we may say so ourselves!
- Fried lamb heart, thinly sliced and marinated in garlic, ginger and chili - my favourite every time.
- Tongue - boiled as well as fried.
|We added salad to the final dish to avoid too much of a meat overload.|
To wash it all down, we made our students a shot of bone broth. Beige on brown is such an attractive combination...
|Mr K with a plate full of brown (tongue, liver pâté, flash fried marinated heart, served up with a glass of beige (bone broth)|
We'll see if we get around to developing the next level offal course sometime later in the year. Kidneys, brain and lungs, anyone?
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1WyVPsK
Saturday, 16 April 2016
Short and intense trip to Stockholm to reload the yoga batteries. Managed to fit in therapeutic yoga, pranayama, hatha yoga and jivamukti, as well as inspiring and energising conversations with teachers and colleagues. @catpbish is one happy yogi on the way back to PaulssonPaleo HQ. #yoga #neverstoplearning #svadhyaya
via Instagram http://ift.tt/23MXM7c
Friday, 15 April 2016
Blood and gore in the kitchen today. It's wet and cold outside, so I decided to get a head start in dinner. Heart always takes a bit of extra time... The fat goes into one pot for melting, the meat into a second for marinating and the odd bits into a third for the cats. #paulssonpaleo #offal #lindegrens #grassfed
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1qL2zaX
Thursday, 14 April 2016
Wednesday, 13 April 2016
Tuesday, 12 April 2016
Monday, 11 April 2016
Sunday, 10 April 2016
Saturday, 9 April 2016
Went to Cologne for a wedding and had too much fun to take photos. Apart from this one. Die Fette Kuh serves up the best burger I've ever tasted. Ever. All made from scratch from locally reared meat. Thank you google for this gem. @diefettekuh #paleoontheroad #paulssonpaleo #köln
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1VdbMG6
Friday, 8 April 2016
Thursday, 7 April 2016
Wednesday, 6 April 2016
This woman. 👌🏼 She's the owner of local hotel Tallhöjden, constantly looking for new ways to promote our lovely town, its talents & entrepreneurs as well as its breathtaking surroundings. We didn't know how lucky we were to end up right here. #paulssonpaleo #simlångsdalen #tallhöjden
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1PToam6
Tuesday, 5 April 2016
Monday, 4 April 2016
Några bilder från gårdagens bloggträff i @undervarttak :s vackra Sätila. Grillning, promenad o fin-fika hemma hos värdparet (lilla T åt sin kroppsvikt i paleo-tårta och fick någon typ av supermakter resten av kvällen...). Tack ännu en gång för en inspirerande dag! @undervarttak @halsotugg @halsasomlivsstil @tinefisfood @moveat.se #paulssonpaleo #paleo #paleoblogg #paleoblog
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1pZDsjT