Friday 7 February 2014

Day 7 - One Week Down

So, today was day 7 of the Whole 30. I am starting to think that I may be doing something wrong, because I only have two 'symptoms' of changing my diet; harder to fall asleep and pins and needles in my legs once in a while. Otherwise I feel pretty much the same as usual. I am also not feeling deprived in any way. I am eating delicious food morning, noon and night and I am being more adventurous than before.

Tomorrow, day 8, we will face our first social gathering during the Whole 30. I have obviously been out in the last week, but the occasional visit to a coffee shop is easy to handle by just having tea. Green or chamomile require no dairy and keep your hands busy. Tomorrow, however, is a 90th birthday party. I will need to eat plenty of good food beforehand and I expect to bat off the obligatory 'have some cake/dessert/...' several times over, hopefully without having to get into any discussions about my dietary choices. Wish me luck!

Today's menu was as follows:

Breakfast
Fried eggs with a beef/pork burger, a chicken liver, lettuce, tomato and sauerkraut

Lunch
Left over pheasant pie turned into stew with sautéed savoy cabbage and sauerkraut

Dinner
Baba ghanoush with raw carrot and broccoli
Yesterday's pork belly roast and vegetable gratin turned into stew


No comments:

Post a Comment