Wednesday 5 February 2014

Day 5

Five days in! 1/6 done... I'm going to pretend like that is a milestone. I feel like I am repeating myself  when I say that I feel no different. I'm really enjoying the food though. Check out my pheasant pie!

Breakfast
Scrambled eggs with creamed coconut
Bacon
Salad

Snack
One hard boiled egg with mayonnaise
Mug of stock

Lunch
Massive salad with tin of tuna in olive oil, avocado, tomato, topped with capers and roasted nuts


Dinner
Pheasant pie* with salad and sauerkraut

*My own pheasant pie creation:
400g pheasant breast (or chicken)
100g bacon in bits
1 sliced onion
Smoked paprika
Rosemary
Salt
Pepper
Fat of choice
100ml chicken stock
100ml coconut cream

1 broccoli, 1 large carrot, 1/2 celeriac - steamed until soft
1tbs mayonnaise
Handful of chopped cashew nuts

Season the pheasant breasts with paprika, salt and pepper, then fry c 2 minutes per side. Set aside and slice into 1cm wide strips. Fry bacon and onion with rosemary. Add chicken stock and coconut milk to the pan, let it simmer for a few minutes. Transfer the pheasant, bacon, onion and liquid to an ovenproof dish.

Make mash topping by blitzing the steamed vegetables with stick blender, then add mayonnaise. Put on top of the meat and top with the chopped cashew nuts.

Bake in oven for c 20 minutes (until bubbling) at 175 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment