Saturday 9 August 2014

Start of Fidgety Week 2 (Nutrition Course Part II)

Wow, I can't believe how quickly this summer has gone by. I'm sitting on the train, once again headed towards that fair city of the North, aka Stockholm. The landscape has changed significantly in the last month, harvesting being in full swing across the country.

Grain leftovers? 
I've spent most of the last month getting up early to work out/walk/run, eat breakfast, study for 1-4 hours, break for lunch, go for a swim, pick (but mostly eat) a helluva lot of berries (me and lil T share this passion...), prep for dinner, eat dinner, go for a walk, go to bed. Repeat.

Studying on the beach can be problematic when it's windy...
The studying has gone well. Sure, I've read dozens of books and blogs on the subject of paleo-inspired/ low carb food in the last few years, but it's been for my own benefit only. This has meant skimming the more "sciency" bits to get to the conclusion at the end, ie "yeah, that's all nice, but what do I actually DO?"  Rereading some of my books this summer has meant that I understand more and more of the "why", not just the "what".

Here's to another week of even more moments of clarity. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment