Monday 25 August 2014

Mobility Lab Rats

My parents are my favourite lab rats for new experiments. This latest one is courtesy of my favourite Cromagnon who got me reading Ido Portal.

Anyhow, I've got my parents to hang throughout the day, the goal being to build strength as well as mobility. I admit, I can't even hang for a minute, but it just makes me want to do it more. It bothers me that something as simple as hanging has become so uncomfortable since I did it last (like eons ago...). The good thing about it is that I can feel my shoulders and back loosening up already.

I hope they don't break (the house or themselves)
Squatting is another pet peeve/ project of mine that I'm trying to incorporate as much as possible in my daily life (now that I don't have to worry about splitting a suit). It's irritating, I want to do it perfectly NOW! But a comfy life spent sitting most of the time isn't to be undone in a few months, ey? Check out my current props:

Cheating with the yoga mat until I can squat like a pro
The third, but perhaps most important thing I've started doing, is to stand throughout the day. I swear I've developed an allergy towards sitting after quitting my office job. I sit down for meals, but will stand for the rest of the day. More props:

Quite the eclectic book collection 
I can't wait to meet my classmates on the PT course for some more inspiration for more awkward habits. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment