Friday 29 August 2014

London, Baby!

I'm off to London for Lil T's christening. I'm so excited to see the rest of the PB posse and my friends again! I know that money will be tight in the next few years, if not for the rest of my life, so this is a true luxury that may not be repeated anytime soon. I'll just have to rely on my friends to come visit! (*thinking long and hard of how to make that prospect irresistible*)

Despite my excitement, I don't actually miss London. I love the place, don't get me wrong, but it's the people that make the city and many of them have moved on. Also, London is so tightly intertwined with my old career, a career that now seems so utterly foreign to me. And I don't miss that at all, not even on a particularly bad day in the sticks.

I thank my lucky stars I was able to leave and let go, just like that.

Relevant picture of my foot dangerously close to massive heaps of cow dung (in London, that would be dog poop)

No comments:

Post a Comment