Sunday 10 July 2016

Learning about Children's Yoga

Colourful props
This weekend, I travelled to the city where I spent four years studying business administration to learn about the polar opposite: children's yoga. I believe that all decisions in life ultimately lead you to where you are supposed to be, so something that seems so distant to me now ultimately led me to where I am today. As a serious 20 year old, I would never have thought that I would as a 37 year old get off the train in Lund with a spring in my step to spend a whole day immersing myself in children's yoga. 
Adults doing kids' yoga: making a big flower
What an amazing day with Magdalena Lagerström from Shriyoga! Loads of giggles and inspiration. We learned how to teach breathing and movement to little ones. How to make yoga fun filled and creative. How to talk about posture. How yoga can balance out all the stress and activity in a child's life. 

There were a load of peeing dogs, roaring lions, sniffing rabbits and some fun group and friend exercises. 
Double boat - friend exercise
Now I just need to find some kids to try my new skills on... Movement, breathing, friendship and relaxation for all! Who's up for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment