Saturday 11 April 2015

Sleeping on the Floor

...sounds like a Roxette soundtrack, but that's what I've been doing for the last three nights.

Yoga mat. Mattress deluxe. Actually, I've got blanket and a sheet on there too when I sleep. 
First night, I lasted four hours.

Second night, six.

Last night, all 8.

Why? Oh, just because I needed a new experiment. :-) I figure I'd give it a go to realign a few imbalances in my body. I haven't used a pillow for a few years and my neck has thanked me for it (business trips are a bit easier that way, we all know the horrors of hotel pillows...). So far, I'm pretty impressed by how my body has adapted to the lack of "support" by a mattress. No neck pain, no back pain. As soon as you let go of the expectation of strain, your body kind of just relaxes into whichever pose you lie in. Interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment