Start of rant:
We are children of the sun. We have worshipped the sun throughout history. We need the sun to stay healthy.
So why is it that we think it is a good idea to sit indoors most of the time, sit in the shade when the sun is at its most beneficial (noon!), smear on chemicals that leach into our drinking water and our bodies, then proceed to fry ourselves in the afternoon sun?
Why does it come as a surprise that we get skin cancer?
End of rant.
Anyhow, if you're curious as to how you can get healthier by soaking up some rays, plug in your ear phones and listen to Daniel Vitalis discussing wise interaction with the sun. Some pretty good pointers, such as:
- Why you don't want to tan through glass
- How sunscreen works
- Sunlight and bacteria
- Why you don’t want empty vitamin D receptors
- Negative press surrounding sun exposure and skin
- Wise interaction with the sun
- Kids and sun exposure
- Our skin is designed to be exposed to the sun’s rays
- What we ingest determines how our skin responds to sunlight
- Skin cancer myths debunked
Over and out. Cecilia