Thursday 25 June 2015

Doing the Little Adder (Yoga in the Commune)

I have been practising yoga on and off for around eight years; to begin with in a gym with loud, thumping music next door, then in the serenity and insense smoke of Triyoga in Primrose Hill and now mostly at home in Kannesten. Yoga is something that clears my mind makes me feel great.

Lately, I have convinced the rest of the family to join in. Some take a bit more convincing than others (cough, cough, pappa), but once in a while we move furniture out of the way and I lead the gang in breathing and stretching. And giggles when I try to explain downward-facing dog and pappa renames the cobra pose "lilla huggorm" (little adder).

Not sure this little fella would approve of the cobra pose!
I must admit that I find it a bit tricky to lead yoga suitable for all abilities. Initially, I mainly used ashtanga sequences, but I soon saw that it didn't work too well, so now I am including some kundalini and hatha yoga in the practise. Needless to say, I have lots more to learn. At least I have a good group to practise on.

No comments:

Post a Comment