Saturday 30 May 2015

Sleeping on the Floor II

I have now slept on the floor for more than a month and a half.

Strange critters make their way into my bed somehow. 
Pros:

  1. I RELISH going to bed and fall asleep almost immediately, sleeping through the whole night. 
  2. No stiffness whatsoever. 
  3. It is strangely liberating to wean yourself off another possession.
  4. When I have guests over, I have an extra bed. 
  5. I can store all sorts of crap on the bed... oh wait, not sure that is an advantage for the messy person that I am. 

Cons:

  1. It takes a few nights to get used to the lack of support.
  2. In the beginning, I woke up a few times during the night. 
  3. Initially, my hip bones were a bit sore from lying on the side. 
  4. There is no such thing as sleeping in. When you wake, you're AWAKE.
  5. The floor gets dirty. 
  6. I hear lil T's pitter patter when she wakes up at 5:30 MUCH better than before. Or is it the vibration that I feel...?

So, what to do with the big bed in my room? For now, it stays. We've got a few people staying this summer and it will be great not to have to lug up the extra beds from the basement.

However, once I move downstairs to take over mamma's and pappa's room, I think I may just put the bed in the basement. Being bedless will surely provide an interesting furnishing experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment