Saturday 28 March 2015

Day 7 - Phew!

One week of food photography comes to an end. Quite nice to document my food for a week and I just had a look back at last year's Whole 30 in February when I did the same. I think the main difference is the choice of seasonable vegetables (hence the constant reoccurrence of cabbage and carrots) and that the food is now prepared for a significantly larger family, so I can no longer do my fancy single portion omelettes.

Breakfast today was prepared by Simon: banana and butternut squash omelette with bacon and salad.
Mummy and baby portion of omelette
Nice hot stock for lunch with mince, left over mash, some rice and salad.
Only three for lunch
Simon wins the fanciest dinner of the week with his skewered chicken burgers. They were topped with sweet and sour sauce and served with roasted vegetables.

Definitely try this garlicky sweet and sour sauce: 

1 grated apple
2 tbs chopped raisins 
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbs chopped fresh coriander
2 tbs apple cider vinegar
2 tbs water
1tsp tapioca flour to thicken the sauce

Combine all the ingredients in a small pan and let cook for approx. 15 minutes. Take the pan off the heat. Stir tapioca flour into a tablespoon of water and pour this mixture into the pan to thicken. Done!

3 comments:

  1. A most enjoyable week of food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a million miles away from sone of the stuff we have been eating recently. D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Duncan. I'm looking forward to some lovely fresh greens soon! I bet yours are already sprouting like mad.

      Delete