Thursday 5 February 2015

Carrot Spaghetti


It was my turn to make dinner tonight and I wanted to impress the others by trying something new. A few Internet searches later and I was inspired to make carrot spaghetti. I don't miss eating pasta at all, but I wanted to use our usual vegetables in a different way. The carrot spaghetti can be varied endlessly, but this is what I made today:

Serves 4.5
Four large carrots, cut into spaghetti with a julienne peeler
One stick of celery, sliced thinly
10cm leek, sliced thinly
Handful of chopped butternut squash
Handful of cashew nuts
1 clove of garlic, chopped
Thyme
Salt
Pepper
Ghee (or other fat)

Fry celery, leek, butternut squash in ghee until soft, put to one side. Then using the same pan, fry cashew nuts, carrots and garlic, adding spices to taste and adding more fat if needed. Fold in the other vegetables once the carrots have the consistency of cooked spaghetti. Done! Serve with for example baked salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment