Friday 9 May 2014

Thrift (Or How I Gagged Over Rotten Goose Eggs)

One of the ultra aggressive geese laid a few too many eggs (like 20 extra...), so we got a whole bucket full of them to eat.
Mother goose got carried away
The only caveat was that they've been lying around for a while. This meant spending half an hour sorting the stinky ones from the fresh ones. More than once I felt the gag reflex kicking in, aargh, when yet another egg cracked to reveal ready-made scrambled egg. But I persevered and made it through the stinky mess to create pretty decent scrambled eggs with cheese and salad for the gang:


As thrifty as I'd like to be, I have to admit it'll be a while before I do this again. And someone else gets to empty the bucket of discarded egg shells on the manure heap, please. I'd like to take a looooong hot shower now. 

2 comments:

  1. Apparently there is a sink or float method, but I can't remember which way round it is. It's definitely worth a google search before cracking into rotten eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently if it floats, it's rotten. Google rocks. :-)

    ReplyDelete