Tuesday 31 December 2013

New Year's Resolution


It's that time of year again and I am thinking of my New Year's Resolution. I don't usually do any and my previous ones have not been too successful. I am sure I meant to stop biting my nails at least a handful of times as a child and not succeeding. I have stopped now, but it was not on a January 1st.

This year, my New Year's Resolution is to do the Whole 30, starting February 1st*. The Whole 30 is well known within paleo circles, but this is going to be my first one! Details can be found here: http://www.whole9life.com/2013/08/the-whole30-program/. Essentially, during 30 days, I will remove all inflammatory foods from my diet, reset my health (gut particularly) and hopefully gain more energy. For 30 days, I will be removing all sugar, grains, alcohol, dairy and legumes from my diet. I'll also give up any "paleofied" comfort foods, so goodbye banana pancake, I will miss you.

I am really looking forward to the challenge of cooking like this and I will share any successful and possibly less successful experiments here. For now, I will jealously be following the progress of others who are doing the Whole 30 in January. This blog post has already given me some ideas: http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2013/12/29/whole30-2014-week-1-meal-plan/.

May you enjoy health and happiness in the New Year!!!


* I know, I know! I should really be starting on January 1st like everyone else, but we will be travelling for two weeks and a successful Whole 30 relies on being able to control your own food, i.e. cooking it yourself. So February it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment