Tuesday 17 December 2013

Getting in the Christmas Spirit

For me, Christmas is all about the food. There are specific smells and flavours that make me feel particularly Christmassy and I really don't want to miss out on that despite my dietary choices. So, yet again I attempted to make Swedish pepparkakor (not entirely successfully) and mince pies (definitely more successfully) without wheat and conventional sugar.

This is what the mince pies looked like. The crust from 'blueberry pastry pies' in Primal Cravings and the mince meat from the Fitter Food Christmas ebook. Decoration courtesy of Cecilia.

The best bit may well have been that I had loads of the spice mix left over from my pepparkakor (ginger, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom). I used this both in my morning paleo porridge and in my coffee. Christmas in a bowl and in a cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment